Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Onesie for Chewie (my furbaby)

I think these are too cute! I was inspired by a fellow "Cricuteer", Greenbean (you can check out her blog here: http://thegreenbeanscrafterole.blogspot.com/).

I love this project - I'm making a few for gifts, but since I don't have my own baby to dress, I dress my furbaby instead. So, I made this one for my furbaby, Chewie, to wear when we visit Chicago.

I love that I can make the bow on the shirt match the bow in Chewie's hair! Stylish!!!
I started with a plain onesie. I used vinyl to make a stencil. I then painted the exposed areas with black fabric paint. Let dry & remove vinyl.
I then sewed a snap onto the onesie and onto a few bows - this is so they are interchangeable.
And here is the final product - the red checkered bow is snapped into place, the others all have snaps attached to them and are ready to be used when Chewie's just not having a "red bow day".

No comments:

Post a Comment