Sunday, December 25, 2011

White on White Canvas

Merry Christmas to everyone!! I wanted to pop in and share a gift that my husband and I made for his mother (yes, my husband actually got a little crafty with me)!! :o)

The photo below was our inspiration. (photo credit: notonthehighstreet.com)
My Mother-in-law saw this and just loved it. Being a crafter, I looked at it and thought easy-peezy, I could whip one up for her in no time. So I purchased a white canvas, white spray paint & white 3D letters that I found in the scrapbooking section of my local craft store. Now, I do have a Cricut so I could have cut them out of chipboard or foam sheets myself, but I was looking to do this as quickly as possible, so I purchased the pre-cut letters.
The most time-consuming part of this project was getting the correct layout and spacing that I liked. After that, I just used a little craft glue and glued the letters to the canvas. As you can see, the store ran out of white letters so I had to use black for two of them. It will all get covered with white spray paint, so I wasn't too worried about it.And after several coats of white spray paint, here is the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment