Sunday, June 20, 2010

Boutique Blankie

I've been seeing these mini animal print blankets in boutiques all over town and I wanted one for my "baby". They are small (24" x 36") and double sided (one side is animal print, and the other side is a solid color - usually pink, lime green or light blue). They are selling for $48.00 and I just knew I could make one for way less than that!

I started off with a piece of fabric 27 1/4" x 39 1/4". I measured 3 1/4" in from all sides and masked off the line with masking tape. I cut off each corner where the tape lines met. Then I made hash marks on the tape every 2cm - this is where you'll cut the strips.
Here is what it looks like after cutting straight lines every 2cm all the way around the fabric. Marking sure the outsides of both fabrics are facing out, you start at one corner and double-knot the strips of fabric. **Make sure not to pull too tight or your blanket will pucker and not lay flat.
And here is what is looks like all finished! How cute...and they are soooo soft!!
These would make a perfect baby gift. To give it as a gift, I would fold the blanket in half and then roll it up. Then take some decorative papers and make a "band" to wrap around the rolled blanket. This gives it a more "retail" look.

No comments:

Post a Comment