Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Magnet Frames

These make a perfect gift for someone...everyone has photos they like to display! I put one in my office and it was a hit - I sold 20 of them!

It's covered in fabric, so your color & design options are endless. If they make it in a fabric, you can have as a frame!

Then I found buttons & embellishments and attached magnets to the backside. These hold your photos on the board in a decorative way. You could drill holes through the top and string a ribbon through to hang it, or you can put it on an easel (which is what I did) and set it on a tabletop.
A friend bought 7 of these to give as gifts - she's going to attach a few of her special recipes and use them as recipe holders.
I thought about making one larger in scale and framing it (without the glass in the frame) and then hanging it on the wall. How posh would that look! And it's a great way to bring decorative fabric into a room. Maybe that will have to be my next project...

2 comments:

  1. What did you use as the base before covering with fabric so it would be magnetic? Again another beautiful design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimmie -

    I used a piece of sheet metal that I purchased at my local home improvement store.

    ReplyDelete